The smartphone market is flooded with options when it comes to the price point of ₹10,000. This segment of the Indian smartphone market is very important for both consumers and phone manufacturers since a lot of customers are looking to buy their first smartphone or upgrade to a better device without wanting to spend a lot of money.
This is where the Realme 2 comes in. The smartphone isn’t a successor to the Realme1, but a more affordable variant of its second generation device suited for those looking to buy a phone below ₹10,000. While the Realme 2 competes in a crowded market, its features set it apart from most of its competitors.
Here’s why Realme 2 offers great value for money below the ₹10,000 price point:
1. Realme 2 features a fibreglass body with a diamond-cut effect at the rear. The phone offers a premium look and feels quite sturdy while you’re holding it. Realme 2 comes with a 6.2-inch HD+ IPS display with an aspect ratio of 19:9. It is protected by a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 3 that can handle a few minor scratches. The phone also includes a display notch, most commonly found on rather expensive phones these days. In fact, this is the first smartphone with a display notch under ₹10,000 in India. The phone comes in three attractive colours: Diamond Red, Diamond Blue, and Diamond Black.
2. At the heart of the Realme 2 is Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 450 SoC. The SoC is optimised for better performance as well as optimal power consumption, therefore offering a better user experience. The phone comes in two variants: one with 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage and another with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage. The smartphone runs ColourOS 5.1 on top of Android 8.1 Oreo. Realme 2 also includes a fingerprint sensor and face unlocking capabilities.
3. The Realme 2 includes a massive 4,230mAh battery which is large enough to last an entire day based on your usage pattern. The company claims the phone can last for up to 18 hours while playing music, 10 hours while gaming, and 15 hours while playing videos when charged completely. The battery makes use of the company’s AI Power Master technology that helps the phone use the battery efficiently. The technology helps in smarter allocation of processor’s resources to apps, which then helps reduce power consumption from 5-11 percent without affecting user experience.
4. Realme 2 features a dual camera setup at the rear. The cameras also support portrait mode. The 8-megapixel front-facing camera features AI Beauty 2.0 and AR Stickers that can help enhance the quality of your selfies. Realme claims its AI Beauty 2.0 technology can select from around 8 million options to let you capture the perfect selfie. A smartphone’s camera is one of its most important features given the amount of time and energy everyone spends on taking and sharing photos.
5. When it comes to gaming, Realme 2 can handle some of the most popular high-end games out there. Whether you’re a casual gamer or a PUBG addict, the smartphone’s Snapdragon 450 SoC will be able to easily handle all your favourite games and help deliver a smooth gaming experience.
6. Realme 2 offers three popular unblocking features. These include a fingerprint scanner, face unlock, and smart unlock. While the first two are fairly obvious, the smart unlock lets you keep your phone unlocked in some specific situations such as when the smartphone is sitting in your pocket or when you’re close to your house or office.
7. The Realme 2 offers a perfect balance of power and affordability, especially to the young smartphone users across India. It is a strong contender in the under ₹10,000 price segment in the country. From the cameras to the large battery life, it has a lot going for it. Realme 2 offers great value for your hard earned money in case you’re in the market for a budget smartphone.